Nicholas P. Goulandris Foundation – Museum of Cycladic Art
4, Neophytou Douka str.
Athens 106 74
Τ: (+30) 210 7228321-3
F: (+30) 210 7239382
General Terms and Conditions
The present websiteshop ("the Site") belongs to "N.P. Goulandris Foundation - Museum of Cycladic Art" ("the Museum") and its use is subject to the following terms and conditions :
1. Apart from the exceptions expressly referred to (intellectual property rights belonging to third parties, associates and entities) the whole contents (the "Contents") of the site, including text, images, designs, videos, graphics, software applications, services being provided and, in general, all of the files and data of the site constitute the intellectual property of the "Museum" and are protected in accordance with the relevant provisions of Greek law and, in particular, according to the provisions of Law 2121/1993 ("Copyright, related rights and cultural matters"), the provisions of European law and the provisions of the relevant international conventions.
2. The "Museum" encourages the private use of the "Site" and of the "Contents" for one's personal information as well as the use for educational or research purposes. Any use within the framework of a company, an agency or an organisation shall not constitute private use. The reproduction or storage of individual pages or data is allowed only for educational or research purposes, under the strict condition that their origin from the site (http://www.cycladic.gr/) is mentioned and the names of the authors are stated (provided they are referred to in the site) without any prejudice whatsoever to any relevant intellectual and industrial property rights. However, users should be aware that certain files or data might constitute the intellectual property of third parties (associates, entities, organisations, companies, etc.) and, so, they are not allowed to be used without permission on the part of such third parties (whose names are probably included in a relevant reference of the "Site").
3. Any storage, reproduction, republication, transmission or distribution of any part of the "Contents" for commercial reasons or for any other use which does not fall within the scope of paragraph 2 is strictly forbidden.
4. Any storage, reproduction, republication, transmission or distribution of registered trademarks or service marks of the "Museum" or trademarks of associated entities displayed on the "Site" is strictly forbidden.
5. The "Contents" of the "Site" are provided "as they precisely are" without any kind of explicit or implicit guarantee, including but not limited to those which pertain to the merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. Under any circumstances, including also the case of negligence, the "Museum" shall not be liable for any kind of damage caused to or for any viruses that may infect the user of the pages of the site who will be considered to be using such pages on his / her own initiative and with the knowledge of the terms hereof.
6. The "Museum" declares that is and will be using every possible efforts, but provides no guarantee that the pages, services, options and contents will be provided uninterruptedly, without mistakes and that errors will be corrected.
7. The "Museum" bears no liability whatsoever and in no event provides any guarantee for the contents, the personal data protection policy, the completeness and quality of services and the security of other websites interconnected with the "Site" through "links" nor for the servers through which the "Site" and the other websites are put at your disposal.
8. The Newsletters, if any, which are received by the user of the services of the "Site" through his / her inclusion in the mailing lists constitute the intellectual property of the "Museum" and, therefore, they are protected by the relevant provisions of Greek law and international conventions.
10. The personal data provided by the user for his / her registration in the Shop of the "Site", for his / her participation in the seminars or for the commencement of his / her membership will be comprised in the "Museum's" files, they will be used as efficiently as possible for the provision of services and information to him / her and by no means will they be reproduced or distributed to third parties. If the user does not want for his / her data to be filed he / she must let this be known in writing within a period of 10 days. In any event the user will retain his / her right at any moment whatsoever to exercise the rights of access and objection provided for by Articles 12 and 13 of Law 2472/1997.
The electronic Shop of the Museum of Cycladic Art (the "Shop") is an online outlet for the sale of products, through the Internet, of the non-profit organisation named Nicholas P. Goulandris Foundation - Museum of Cycladic Art (the "Museum") seated in Athens (4, Neophytou Douka Street, Postal Code: 106 74, VAT No 090062281, 4th Tax Office (DOY) of Athens, Telephone No 210-7228 321).
The implementation of purchases through the online outlet of the "Shop" (http://www.cycladic.gr/shop) entails full acceptance on your part of the terms referred to herein.
The "Shop" uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol with a 128-bit encryption (the most powerful system so far) for safe on-line commercial transactions. In this manner all of your personal information is encrypted, including the number of your credit card, name and address, so that all this information will not be read out or altered during transmission through the Internet.
The SSL protocol is currently the world standard on the Internet for the accreditation of websites vis-à-vis Internet users and for the encryption of data between Internet users and web servers. An encrypted SSL connection requires all information sent between a client and a server to be encrypted by the sending software and decrypted by the receiving software, thus protecting the personal information while in transit. In addition, all data sent over under the SSL protocol is protected with a mechanism which automatically determines whether the data has been altered in transit.
A necessary prerequisite of the commencement of a transaction between us is the notification on your part of some of your personal data. During the ordering procedure you will be requested to give your full name, your permanent address, the address at which you want the products being sold to be sent, the number of your fixed telephone (or any other telephone you want, that will be used to enhance the level of services provided to you), your e-mail address and, in the event you have chosen for your payments to be effected via a credit card, your credit card number and date of expiry.
The "Museum" and the "Shop" corresponding to the URL http://www.cycladic.gr/shop (the "Site") in faithful conformity with the principles of personal data protection which are provided for by Greek and European laws and by the relevant international conventions shall not proceed to any unfair use nor to any use not previously authorised by you. The "Shop" of the "Site" will in no way disclose, publish, sell or exchange your personal data and information entrusted by you with us. Exceptionally, your personal data may be published by the "Museum", always in conformity with the procedure provided for by law when this is imposed by a Public Authority, a Court, etc.
The users may, at any moment whatsoever, and as long as there is a specific reason, proceed to the change in the personal data that has been communicated by them to the "Shop" (e.g. the credit card number) or even cancel any use thereof by filling in the relevant electronic form.
Modes of Payment
The "Shop" allows the following modes of payment:
1. By credit card VISA
2. By credit card MASTERCARD
3. By credit card EUROLINE
4. By PayPal
5. By Bank Deposit
Terms of Purchase and Return of Products
When processing your order, we will confirm the availability of the items ordered. In the case of insufficient stock, you will be notified. In this case, if it is possible to replenish the stock of the items ordered, you must let us know if you wish to wait the additional time required for your order or if you prefer to cancel your order. In the latter case, any payments made will be refunded to the original payment method without undue delay. If you are notified of the unavailability of a product and you do not respond in writing within five (5) days of notice, it is at the discretion of the Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art to cancel your order. If the availability or delivery time differs from that indicated on the product’s page, you will receive an update.
Delivery Time & Cost
We make every effort to ship your orders as quickly as possible. Our network of shipping partners delivers your orders by courier as following:
Deliveries in Greece within 1-7 working days
Deliveries outside Greece can take from 1 working day to 2 weeks. In some cases, there may be delays due to the supplier’s inability to provide us with the products at the expected times. In such cases, the supplier will be reminded and the customer will be informed. The Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art is not responsible for any delays or extra charges within post offices and customs outside the Greek Territory. Delivery time and cost depend upon the shipping method selected. Shipments are made daily except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The order form indicates the expected delivery date of the items ordered and relevant cost.You may also pick up the products from our physical store without shipping costs.The Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art does not provide a guarantee for third party products (products that are not manufactured and/or assembled by or on behalf of the Museum of Cycladic Art and which the Museum of Cycladic Art simply resells).Online Store prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
Products purchased from the Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art can be returned. You have 30 days from receipt of your order to exchange an item or receive store credit. You have 14 days from receipt of your order to exchange an item or receive a refund either as store credit or back to the original payment method. For refunds you are required to send an email to email@example.com. To withdraw from a purchase you must provide the order number and state whether you wish for a refund, store credit, or exchange. In case of an exchange, please state in your email the item you wish to exhange your original purchase with. If you request a refund, this will be credited to the original payment method within 14 calendar days of our receipt of the returned product, unless you choose store credit.You may not withdraw from the purchase of any of the following products:
• Products tailored to customer needs
• Music CDs/DVDs whose original packaging has been removed
• Sealed products which are not suitable for return for health reasons opened after delivery.
The Museum of Cycladic Art will exchange/replace an item and/or issue a refund and/or store credit only after the item has been returned to the Museum at Neofytou Douka 4, Athens 10674, either by you or by courier at your expense. Items must be returned unused, intact, in their original packaging, accompanied by their purchase invoice or retail receipt. If a returned item is damaged, or incomplete, or out of its packaging, or without its purchase invoice or retail receipt, the Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art has the right to refuse the returned item, refuse to exchange it (or issue store credit or refund), or, alternatively, withhold the amount necessary for restoring the item to its original state. The cost of restoring the item to its original state will depend on the item’s condition, which the Electronic Shop of the Museum of Cycladic Art is authorized to evaluate.Furthermore, the Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art may delay a refund if the returned item is not accompanied by all receipts/invoices and full packaging. The Online Store of the Museum of Cycladic Art bears no responsibility in case a refund is delayed for reasons beyond its control, as in the case of a banking system malfunction.In all cases of return, regardless the reason, the shipping cost is borne by the customer, who also bears the risk of any damage to the item. We recommend that you keep the shipment receipt until the return process is complete.
1. Force Majeure: If for reasons of force majeure it is not possible for us to deliver to you the products within the predetermined period of time we shall advise you of that via e-mail thus enabling you to declare whether you want, under these circumstances, the completion of your order.
2. Fraudulent use of a client's credit card: The "Shop" assumes the obligation to cover you liability to the Bank that has issued your credit cards (in regard to an amount that arises from the contract for the issue of your credit card) in the event that your card is used by a non-authorised person (fraudulent use of a credit card). This liability shall cover only the cases in which the unauthorised / malicious utilisation of your credit card for purchase transactions at the "Shop" is not due to your own fault or negligence. For this reason you are obliged immediately as you notice the loss of your credit card to advise the issuing Bank so that such card will be cancelled and its use will not be permitted by unauthorised persons. In the event of any fraudulent use of your credit card, the amount that has been debited in your Bank account will be re-credited or reimbursed to you.
4. Law Applicable: All of the transactions you implement through the "Shop" shall be governed by the Greek Law that deals with matters relative to electronic trade and the Courts of competent jurisdiction shall be the Courts in Athens.
Please rotate your device to portrait view.